Saturday, August 21, 2010

Who's That Girl?

I'm Emily. Mother to the two coolest, craziest and funniest kids you will ever meet (of course that's my incredibly biased opinion). I stay at home with them and work hard to provide the kidlets a childhood full of wonderful memories.
I have always been a creative person, I mean with an art teacher for a Mom how could you not be? As a kid, she took us on lots of adventures--always teaching us that beauty is everywhere. Several years ago, my Mom found some dresses that had been made by my Granny for Mom and her sister. They were well-made, lovely dresses that had withstood many years of wear and even more of storage. It was those dresses that made me start to sew. It was pretty rocky at first, okay, really rocky...I had no idea what I was doing. None. Nada. Horrible is a word that comes to mind. Thankfully, I know when I need help, so a few lessons from my Mom combined with hours of Internet searching and I started sewing dresses my daughter could actually wear.

That's where it started....and this....well, this my friends, is just the beginning!

No comments:

Post a Comment