Saturday, August 28, 2010

Week One........

What an interesting week I've had! Sometime Saturday Baby A, busy little 15 month old he is, got his mitts on some Vicks Vapor Rub....and put it in the oven unbeknownst to me. A few facts about Vicks:

1. Intially, it smells good when it is heating up in a 350 degree oven. Silly me, I thought it was the stuffing I was cooking on the stove-top to go with the chicken....

2. Expect a lot of smoke. Copious amounts even.

3. FLAMMABLE.

4. When burned in an oven, the smell does not go away even with the use of oven cleaner, bleach and vinegar.

Before you go thinking I am a horrible, unfit Mother there are a few things you should know. Baby A is unstoppable and sneaky, not sneaky like most kids, sneaky like covert ops--this kid can hide in plain view and not be found. Some days, I think B.A is part chameleon and part Russian spy. Needless to say, the house is now equipped with every baby-proofing security item you can imagine.

Thanks to the terrible odor in the house, we spent a ton of time outdoors. Upside, we visited a lot of playgrounds and Bernheim Forest and the kids slept well! I figured out how to get rid of the stink...buy a new oven. Home Depot offers free delivery with orders over $249 online and the delivery guys were super nice, they even anchored the range to the wall for me.

Sewing took a back burner (no pun intended). My dress is finished however, I have to find someone other than Miss K to take the pictures for me :)

Here's some photos of the changes I made to the dress:


I started by going sleeveless....









Then, I attacked the neckline!







And cut off some length, some being six inches.







I gathered and tied the straps.









I did manage to make a super cute patchwork top and absolutely stinking adorable yoke-neck dress for Miss K. Pics of everything tomorrow PLUS what week two's item is going to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment